I just took a couple minutes and fixed most of the known author reading/signing database problems. I'm now building native RSS feeds for each store as well as a city-wide feed. Each feed comes in two sizes: full sized and 15-item-long. Each item is linked to my event CGI that lists the author name, event, time, ISBN, and provides a downloadable iCalendar link that will add itself to your calendar of choice (only tested with iCal for now, but it should work with Outlook).
Basically, it all works.
Here are the RSS 1.0 feeds:
- Seattle feeds: Short Long
- Third Place feeds: Short Long
- Elliott Bay feeds: Short Long
- University Books feeds: Short Long
- Seattle Mystery feeds: Short Long
- Add an events CGI and use it to replace/supplement the PHP iCalendar page
- Work on recommendation-driven event feeds
- Add more stores (Barnes and Noble?